Saturday, September 5, 2009

Food Funeral

(Someone posted this on a message board and it spoke so true to me)
For as long as I can remember you were there.
You comforted me when I was sad, lonely, bored, depressed. You held my hand when I was happy; you were by my side when I was in love. You laid next to me when I was heartbroken. You saw me through my worse, You rewarded me through my best. But now its time to let you go, and put my dependency for you to rest. I don’t need you as much as you think I do. I will not be weak, I will not give into your temptation The only cravings I will desire is to love myself The only hungry I will feel is the hunger for success and self assurance I will no longer look at you as a temporary solution to a complicated emotion Rather a tool that gives me energy to live a productive life full of devotion I say farewell to the lonely days that I filled my mouth with meaningless garbage The evenings where I embraced that second or third helping. To those nights where I tossed and turned uncomfortably extended looking at the ceiling emotionally suspended. I don’t hate you, but I cant count on you to feed my emotions. I cant count on you to fill the voids that should be filled with motivation, and determination The cracks and crevices that should flow with desire and inspiration. I don’t want to WANT you I want to NEED you To give me the energy I need to persevere to enjoy life with out this addiction, And to finally see clear….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers