Thursday, August 6, 2009

The dreaded Protein Shake


Seriously, I HATE Protein shakes. My dietitian put me on a special pre-op diet that makes me gag. I drink a shake for breakfast, one for lunch, and a dinner that is healthy. The first day or two was fine, but now I am so sick of protein shakes that the smell makes me nauseous! They taste terrible. They are too sweet and gritty. They taste thick and gross. I cannot find a single flavor that doesn't turn my stomach. I have to follow this diet until surgery! Then I have to do only protein shakes for 2 weeks after surgery! GAG!!!!! Honestly, I would rather not eat than drink another one of these. I'm trying to get creative on how to drink them now. This morning I had one mixed in with a sugar free Cappuchino. It was better than mixed with milk. I like this way much better. I am also going to try mixing it with yogurt tomorrow. I wish I could just take the junk in a pill. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers